- 2 plastic containers, large enough to fit half of a paper towel roll
- 1 roll of paper towels, Bounty Select-a-size is a great choice
- a clean, large, sharp, non-serrated knife
- 4 cups water
- 1 or 2 Tablespoons of coconut oil (if it’s in its solid state, heat it up with a bit of the water on the stove until it melts)
- 1 or 2 squirts of a safe baby wash (this is optional, as the coconut oil is anti-bacterial, microbial, and fungal)
Cut paper towel roll in half. Set aside.
Make the solution: Combine water, coconut oil, and baby wash (optional) in a bowl and stir gently.
Pour the solution evenly into the two containers (about 2 cups into each).
Place the paper towel rolls (cut side down) into the containers. They seem too big, but they’re not!
Scrunch the paper towels down and shut the lid. Turn the containers upside down and walk away for 5 minutes.
After 5 minutes open them up, gently pull the saturated cardboard rolls out from the centers.
Pull the inside towel out a little bit so you can easily grab it. Close the lid and you’re good to go!