Making play dough is really very easy. The dough comes out smelling fruity and delicious and the color is so vibrant. It is a matter of using 6 ingredients (including water) and about 7 minutes per batch.
Pick out several different flavors. The colors come out very similar to the packaging that they came in. You can see in the picture below the final color. *Please note that I added a few drops of yellow food coloring to the Lemonade flavor to achieve the yellow in the picture. The original color was more of an off-white and I wanted a true yellow. It still smells wonderful!
In order to keep your play dough moist and useable, store it in a sealed container such as these plastic bowls or a Ziplock baggie. They will last a while if you take care of them.
Delicious smelling play dough created with Kool-Aid fruit drink packets.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbsp cream of tartar
- ½ cup salt
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 package Kool-Aid drink mix
- In a medium saucepan pour in all ingredients.
- Stir until everything is mixed well. (It took about 5-7 minutes)
- Heat mixture on medium and stir ingredients until it comes together to form a ball.
- Remove ball and when it is cooled enough, kneed mixture until color is uniform.
- Store in airtight container or baggie
Adapted from: amomsimpression.com