This month at playgroup we are focusing on activities around a farm. The kids have enjoy learning about various areas of a farm, and this week we talked about the barn and barn animals. We found this idea from the All Kids Network.
What you’ll need:
How to make your Peek-a-boo Barn Craft:
- Print our barn template and cut out the pieces. Trace the barn onto red construction paper. Trace the roof and window onto black construction paper. Cut the pieces out.
- Cut the doors on the barn so they open. Make a cut down the center of the doors, and alone the top of each door. Make sure you don’t cut the very outer edges of the door (on the right and left) or your doors will fall off instead of opening!
- Glue a piece of red construction paper on the back of the barn so that it covers the doors. Do not glue the piece of construction paper to the doors – you want this piece to act as the “back-drop”, so that there will be some red showing when the doors are open.
- Glue the barn to a piece of green construction paper.
- Glue the roof and window onto the barn.
- Print the animal template and let your child color the pieces they wish to include on the barn scene.
- Cut the animals/scenery pieces out. Glue the pieces onto the barn. Make sure an animal gets glued inside the barn so your child can open the doors to find it!
Find original page here.