What you’ll need:
- White poster board
- Clear contact paper
- Red, white and pink tissue paper
- Stained glass heart template
How to make your Valentine’s Tissue Paper Heart
- Print out our heart template. Cut the heart out and trace onto white poster board. Cut out the heart.
- Cut out the middle of the heart and discard it.
- Cut a square piece of contact paper that is big enough to fit the heart template. Peel the backing paper off of the contact paper and stick your heart outline onto it. You’ll trim up the excess later.
- Cut tissue paper into 1 inch squares. This is a great time for your children to practice their scissor skills!
- Stick the tissue paper onto the heart making sure to overlap the pieces. It’s ok if the tissue paper goes over the edge of the template.
- Cut a second square of contact paper, peel off the backing paper and stick it to the back of the heart.
- Trim off the excess tissue paper and contact paper from the heart.
- Add a piece of string and hang on a sunny window
Courtesy of All Kids Network