We read the book From Head to Toe by Eric Carle
Afterward we created an Easter craft we found on the All Kids Network:
What you’ll need:
- Peek-a-boo Chick Template
- Yellow, orange, and white craft foam
- 2 googly eyes
- Decorations for the egg (we used craft foam flowers)
- Brass fastener
- Optional: magnet
How to make your Peek-A-Boo Chick:
- Print our Peek-a-boo Chick template, cut the pieces out and trace them onto craft foam. Cut out your craft foam pieces.
- Overlap the two pieces of the egg slightly so that when closed the two pieces of the egg make a nice egg shape.
- Push the brass fastener through the two pieces on the side of the egg to hold them together. Don’t fasten it too tightly though so that your egg can still be opened and closed without cutting through the craft foam.
- Glue the yellow chick piece to the back of the bottom half of the egg. Make sure when you do this that you glue it so that the top of the chick is covered by the top half of the egg when it is closed and doesn’t stick out.
- Glue two googly eyes onto the chick.
- Glue the beak onto the chick.
- Glue your decorations onto the egg.